Photo Credit: Patrick T. Fallon / Reuters
Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by the Thomas Fire in Southern California. We have been serving the Santa Barbara Area since 1975 and want to share a few tips that we hope will help you stay as healthy as possible as firefighters continue to their efforts.
Wear a mask when you go outside and in your car
• Mask Distribution Locations
• Today’s Air Quality
Put air purifiers in every room possible at work and at home
• Are air purifiers helpful with fire smoke?
Keep your home clean
• Keep windows and doors shut
• Dust as often as possible
• Clean clothing frequently that you are bring in
• Turn on, or purchase air purifiers
• American Red Cross Cleaning Tips
For Thomas Fire Updates Visit County of SB Updates
If the Thomas Fire damaged your home we offer the following services:
• Fire Damage Restoration
• Water Damage Restoration
• Smoke Restoration
Contact Continental Janitorial Services if we can help you in any way to restore your home. Stay Safe Southern California!
What is the perfect stocking stuffer for your loved one this year? The Gift of Time.
Pamper your loved ones this holiday season with the gift of time and peace of mind. The amount of time most people spend worrying about what needs to be cleaned, or the time we spend cleaning can be overwhelming and distracting. Imagine giving the gift of time whether it is a spotless home, a pressure washed garage or driveway, sparkling clean windows inside and out, or clean carpets.
One visit from Continental Janitorial Services will leave your loved ones feeling relieved and relaxed.
Contact Continental Janitorial Services, or call us at (805) 687-0884 to purchase a gift certificate. We can help you figure out how much you would need to purchase for specific projects you may have in mind for your loved one.
You can also schedule a specific cleaning service, date and time for them.
Happy Holidays from Continental Janitorial Services!
4 Tips for Fall Cleaning
As the leaves start to change and you spend more time sitting around the fire indoors instead of around the grill on the patio, it’s time to invest a day in cleaning your home. Below are 4 tips we recommend for Fall Cleaning:
1. Cleaning The Roof Gutters
Clogged gutters due to fall leaves and other debris can cause water to pool on your roof, resulting in leaks. It also makes for a more attractive environment for some types of termites. It’s not easy but it’s important to clear up your gutters before you bunker in for the winter.
2. Organize & Deep Clean Your Kitchen to Prepare for Holiday Meals
Organize everything in your kitchen so you can enjoy cooking during the holiday seasons without being bothered by things you “need to do.”
Deep clean the fridge, cupboards, floor, ovens, stove tops, etc.
3. Clean the Interior of Your Home
Dust Surfaces and Blinds
Clean ceiling mounted fans and light fixtures
Organize all those cluttered areas that have been bothering you
4. Beat The Low Air Quality Build Up
We use our homes more during winter months and close them up more to shut out the cold. In doing this, we're trapping dust, dander and mold that can make us sick. Try to get the air quality of your home as clean as possible before closing up the fort:
Wash all Bedding
Clean the Carpets
Change the Filter in your AC/Heater Units
Turn on the Air Purifier, or purchase one
Clean Moist Surfaces and Pets More Frequently!
If you need help with any of these Fall Cleaning Tips, Contact Continental Janitorial Services for a free quote!
If your home has reached the point where it needs a deep clean but you haven’t had time to do it yourself, or call a professional, here are a few quick tips to dramatically improve the air quality and mood in your home:
• Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter and use a damp cloth rather than a feather duster to get rid of allergens and irritants that have made it into your home. If you have a pet, bath and groom them routinely and wash their bedding frequently.
• Don’t introduce new toxins by using Green Clean products that are unscented, nontoxic, and non-aerosol.
• Keep air circulating by opening windows as much as possible, and run a ceiling fan if it is too cold to open windows. It’s always a good habit to turn on the exhaust fan while you cook to avoid lingering vapors, grease or smoke.
We hope these tips help! If you would like to hire a professional to deep clean your home please contact Continental Janitorial Services. We service the Santa Barbara Area including Carpinteria, Goleta and the Santa Ynez Valley.